A rare employment opportunity for a passionate, motivated individual to join our dynamic team at Lynward Park Stud! If you’re interested in pursuing an exciting and rewarding career in the equine industry, get in touch!
The ideal applicant will bring the following;
• A minimum of 2 years experience working with thoroughbreds.
• A great attitude and a willingness to develop and learn.
• Strong communication skills.
• Well developed organisational skills.
• Openness to work weekends.
• A passion for the racing industry.
• Ability to recognise injury and illness in horses.
• Ability to recognise the signs of foaling as well as a basic understanding of equine reproduction.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform general stud hand duties such as;
• Holding mares for cover.
• Handling horses of all ages including foals.
• Preparing Yearlings for and attending sales.
• Administering treatments.
• General stable duties.
• Working as part of a team as well as independently.
• Some maintenance duties.
What’s on offer;
• Full-time position.
• Above award wages.
• An integral role in a supportive and ambitious team.
• An opportunity to learn and grow at one of WA’s most prominent thoroughbred studs.
• Enjoy working outdoors at a truely picturesque, modern equine facility.
If you are interested in joining the Lynward Park family, please submit your application to;
Applications close July 15th!