- This event has passed.
Practical equine dental care workshop presented by Dr Jose Valenzuela
July 13 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Practical equine dental care information and demonstration workshop
1-2 hour presentation by Dr Jose Valenzuela Veterinarian and Equine Dentist.
When: 2pm Sat 13th July
Where: Sunninghill Equestrian Centre, 3010 Riley Road, Stoneville
Cost: $10 (includes afternoon tea) Free for under 16s
The aim of the workshop is to generate an interactive conversation and cover important and practical information that horse owners should know in order to look after their horses’ mouth, improving nutrition and allowing to increase their longevity, performance and welfare. (Also includes a demonstration and discussion on the importance of penile “bean” removal from the urethral fossa.)
The workshop is comprised of two stages
Conversation: That will be done using horse skulls, covering the following points:
- a) Importance and impact of oral health on performance, longevity and welfare
- b) Overview of normal anatomy and function of the mouth
- c) Age estimation by examination of the teeth
- d) Early identification of dental problems
- e) Common malocclusion and grinding problems
2. Practical live horse oral inspection and comparison of two horses, young and old.
(Also includes demonstration and discussion on penile “bean” removal.)