It's Different. Ethical Agistment for true horse lovers. Free Trimming & Minerals
- Business Name:TALKARI
- Business Address:Parkerville Horse district
- Town:Parkerville-Midland to Perth Hills region
- Last Updated:25th October, 2017
Talkari is a lovely horse property in the heart of Parkerville's Equestrian District. What sets us apart is our commitment to healthy and happy horses, (and sustainable landcare too). Sometimes the truth about keeping horses in this way is inconvenient, but it's what we strive for. How do we achieve it....
* We don't isolate and confine horses. This means no stabling, and no individual paddocks. We took out all those dividing fences years ago! Instead each horse lives in a small herd where they have companionship, mental stimulation, and a reason to MOVE. Movement not only keeps them happy, busy and engaged, it also means their metabolisms fire, and strong conditioned barehooves are achievable in the way nature intended.
* We have an extensive "Paddock Paradise" style track system. This means horses travel the track which joins all pastures together, and they can be let out onto any of them for rotational grazing. It caters for individuals- for example if your horse is fat and laminitic -they can stay moving on the track and eat the high nutrition low sugar slow- fed meadow hay. If they have high energy requirements/can't put on weight - they can head into the lush pastures for longer and be fed as much as needed....and everything in between.
* We provide FREE barefoot trimming every 4 weeks. The Science of what shoeing does to a horse's hoof function, eventual soundness, and comfort in retirement is an undeniable truth. 700% more shock travels up the horse's leg. Non horsey people get it....you wouldn't choose solid steel Reeboks.
* The track system is integral to barefoot performance and landcare. We've trucked gravel onto some sections for hoof conditioning -as you can't ride them on what they don't live on or aren't conditioned to. Gravel is not the enemy - it is your horse's best friend! We also have softer transitioning areas, a hoof soaking capacity, help with shoeing rehab, and immersion with people who have been there with shoes -and are now achieving barefoot performance.
*Only very light rugging, if at all, is needed here. Rugs aren't made for athletic activities and will likely cause your horse to overheat and want to stand around. Perth has a Mediterannean climate, and horses have a body mass, metabolism and comfort zone vastly different to humans. You won't hear this from the retail shops!
* We use low sugar high nutrition feeds. Sugary hay eg Oaten, and feeds cause insulin resistance & rott teeth, not to mention hypo behaviour! Instead horses have constant access to high quality meadow hay in slow feeder nets with hay huts. This stuff is as expensive as oaten, and horses love it. All minerals and suppliments needed for WA conditions (and great hooves) are included free, and we'll devise a hard feed ration with you to suit your horse and his/her position within the herd.
*We routinely hear "my horse looks so happy".....never looked better.....easier to ride/train...more relaxed.... Displaced behaviours and stress/anxiety often disappears. We have horsey companions to sort out many problems the natural way too!
We have big shady paddocks of year round feed, some irrigated. Some steep areas ideal for developing muscles or growing up youngsters. Safe electric fences with minimal wire. Track system as mentioned. Floodlit railed arena, 20 m roundyard, lovely brick stables and undercover area to tack up/ store your gear. 200m of swimming lane - a huge watercourse.
Safe, endless bridle path at the front gate, no roads. You can RIDE to the Equestrian Centre, Sunninghill Indoor arena, into the National Park, to the SJ and Adult Riders Clubs, to the Pubs- one of which has a hitching rail.
HORSE HANDLING / MENTORING
In addition, we're happy to help you with your horse if wanted and can offer lessons, mentoring, horse handling etc using well defined & consistant natural horsemanship techniques. Establish a clear language with your horse, feel safe and confident, become the leader your horse needs you to be. Have training plans and re-discover why you loved horses in the first place. Training is tailored to your horse's individual nature and learing style and this key thing, and how to do it, is what sets it apart from traditional English methods. If you'd like to view a training example Google "Yvonne and Davine online level three audition", filmed at home a couple of years back with an unstarted 2yo. The tasks performed are irrelevent - look instead for relationship, language used, and the horse taking on it's own responsibilities rather than being micro-managed.
Everyone is constantly learning, and I'm lucky enough to have personal friends or contacts who I can call on for advice or recommend to clients eg Vet, horse dentist, diet formulation help, an Agronomist, master trimmer, licenced horse training specialists.
Feel free to phone for a chat, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or arrange a visit. The atmosphere here is realxed and friendly and everyone is respected and welcome. Horse help/training/mentoring $40 hour, Full board (includes everything) is $130 pw.
You should check the accuracy of this information by independent inquiry prior to its use.
Strong recommendation is given to print this advert if proceeding to sale/lease.