Tips For Buying and Selling Horse Floats
Buying a Horse Float
If you own a horse or are thinking about owning a horse it’s almost mandatory that you will need to buy or hire a float at some stage (unless you have very good friends who loan you theirs!) but there will come a time when you will probably need to buy your own float.
Your options will be to either purchase a brand new float with all your particular specifications or to look for a good second hand float. If you don’t mind spending the money it is probably worth buying a new float as they tend to hold their value and are up to date with the latest safety standards. Make sure you do your homework first about the different makes and models and take a trusted friend who is mechanically minded to inspect demo models to see what you like.
Buying a second hand float can take some time to find the right one at the right price. A lot of older models will probably be outdated with safety requirements and may have been done up. It’s a good idea to go check out a couple of new floats so you can get an idea of what you would like and what a second hand float is actually worth.
How to Sell Your Second Hand Horse Float
Here are some tips for selling your horse float whether it’s the latest model or an old faithful.
- · Don’t dress it up to make it sound better than it is
- · Many buyers out there will still be happy to buy a horse float in need of attention
- · Provide as much information as possible
- · Quality horse floats will attract more buyers who will be prepared to travel longer distances to buy
- · Include good quality photos of outside and inside the float
- · Run through this checklist - Has the float got rust? What conditions are the tyres in? Is it registered? For how long?
- · Ask yourself would I be happy to buy it myself? If not, bring it up to standard
There are no comments yet for this article.
Login or Register to post your comments here.
29/10/2013: Press Release
13/05/2013: Win a Gold Weekend Pass to Sylvia Zerbini
29/06/2012: East Coast Representative
02/02/2012: More Reflections on 2011
01/02/2012: MS Mega Show
13/01/2012: Reflections on 2011
01/12/2011: Bruce Rock Agricultural Show October 2011
22/11/2011: Profile of a Bowen Therapist
20/10/2011: 2010 - 2011 PAWA Annual Awards NIght Results