Why we changed...
It has lots of new features:
· The ad now have larger photos and more of them so you can get a better look your next horse!
· You can use the search box to look for that special horse or item
· A new internal messaging system protects your email address from scammers and spammers
· A watch list is available when you are logged into the site so you can track that special horse
· You can set up email alerts for when the 'right one' is listed that meets your criteria
· Events can now support their sponsors with logos in their individual adverts and you will also be able to look at events that have already been and check out their results
· Users can develop their own profile page including an image or logo which is linked to all their adverts
· Advert statistics are available to users; how many times they have been viewed and clicked on
The new site maintains continuity with the same system of quick filters of height, breed, state etc but with a 2 column layout ensuring you get to view more ads faster!
We are still the Old Cavalletti with great customer service, attention to detail and quality controlled adverts. We can just do more things now and we will continue to improve functionality and features.
Why did we change it?
Lots of people have asked this. The answer is simple. The site in its old format no longer met the needs of our users.
The internet is growing exponentially in both the number of sites and also the quality of thoses sites. The old site was 'old technology' and Cavalletti has now matured into what it is today; a state of the art, custom designed system incorporating your suggestions from over the years. The old site was no longer viable.
We see this as a progression towards something better.
The new site is cross browser compatible but it is best viewed in the latest versions of your preferred browser - eg Internet Explorer 8 and FireFox 3.6. Some users have reported that the Ad Blocker plugin for Firefox can interfere with viewing our ads. You just need to make Cavalletti an allowed site.
We hope you enjoy using the new site as much as we do.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
There are no comments yet for this article.
Login or Register to post your comments here.
29/10/2013: Press Release
13/05/2013: Win a Gold Weekend Pass to Sylvia Zerbini
29/06/2012: East Coast Representative
02/02/2012: More Reflections on 2011
01/02/2012: MS Mega Show
13/01/2012: Reflections on 2011
01/12/2011: Bruce Rock Agricultural Show October 2011
22/11/2011: Profile of a Bowen Therapist
20/10/2011: 2010 - 2011 PAWA Annual Awards NIght Results